Popular playback singer Devan Ekambaram is being introduced as Music director in the movie Bale Pandiya. Though he was born and brought up in the United States of America, his love for Tamil cinema and music has brought him to India.
He first song under the direction of A.R. Rahman in the movie “Kadalar Dinam”. The song “O Maria” brought him a lot of fame. He has been singing playback for the last 10 yrs and has not only sung in Tamil but also in Telugu and Hindi movies. He has also composed some music albums in Tamil, and Telugu. He has also performed on stage with many popular playback singers including SPB, Unnikrishnan, Anuradha Sriram, Malayasia Vasudevan, Mano, Hariharan and others.
His talents not only stop with music, he is also a good actor having acted in the movies “Parthiban Kanavu”, “ Unnalae Unnalae” and “Jeyam Kondaan”.
Bale Pandiya Song Tracks:
- The title track “Bale Pandiya” has been written by lyricist Vaalee, and sung by Velmurugan, Ranjith and Naresh Iyer. The visuals for this song have been animated to suit the lyrics.
- Naresh Iyer, Mano, Sirghazhi Sivachidambaram, Dr. Burn, and Umashankar have sung the second song “Sirikiraen”, also written by Vaalee. This song was shot for 4 days in Binny Mills, in a magnificent set. Featuring in this video are the hero Vishnu, Amar, Sathish, Jothi, Gopi and Prem.
- “Happy” the third song in the movie, again penned by Vaalee, has been performed by 20 singers such as Devan Ekambaran, Haricharan, Naresh Iyer, Naveen Madhav, Paravai Muniyamma, Malayasia Vasudevan, Ranjith, Aalap Raju, Rahif Alam, Anuradha Sriram, Srinivas, Velmurugan, Manicka Vinayagam, Mukesh, Malgudi Shubha, Divya, Anita, Suchitra, Vijay Yesudas, and Rahul Nambiar. Not only have these singers sung, but have also appeared in the video along with the hero Vishnu. This song was shot for 6 days in Pondicherry at various locations.
- Thamarai penned the next song “Kangalae Kamalalayam”. Unnikrishnan and Mrinalini have sung this song, which was picturised on Vishnu and Pia in Pondicherry for 4 days.
- Thamarai has also written “Aaradha Kobhamillai” the fifth song in the movie. Raman Mahadevan and Mahalakshmi Iyer have sung this song shot in Phuket, Thailand. Vishnu and Pia appear in this romantic video.
- The final song “Ivan Thaedal Vettai”, which appears in the climax of the movie has been written by popular rapper Dr. Burn who has also sung it along with Arun Ramamurthi. Dr. Burn was brought from Malayasia for this purpose. This song was shot at a farmhouse in ECR for 5 days. The video of this song features Vishnu, along with models from Bombay and Bangalore.